Is this a suitable OER space for our work?
Great thanks for the info - have set up the group here - http://process.arts.ac.uk/category/project-groups/transmedia
When creating content user need to select this group from the groups drop down and also select Design from the categories and Transmedia
as the sub category - other categories and sub categories can also be added.
@davemiller I find myself on this page via Twitter and #ukoer .... and if you were looking for a place (as in physical space)then I might have been able to be able to help you.
As far a repositories for OER, Jorum  might be worth considering.
Many thanks for your post, great to hear about the augmented reality for books projects, sound great! Also would be a lot of interest to people here at the UAL.
It would be great to have this group on process.arts.
process.arts started in 2008 as a small grassroots/fellowship pilot project which began as a UAL only project but has since slowly expanded its field to pilot potential experimental collaborations with alumni, industry, groups and other university staff, this has been partly been due to SCORE fellowship research and UALs work with ALTO and DIAL projects. (more about process.arts here - http://process.arts.ac.uk/content/about-processarts
process.arts is still not officially a service as such (since 2008 its remained a voluntary managed/developed ongoing agile experiment through fellowships and secondment etc) although we are currently working with UAL to explore the development of process.arts into an officially managed/supported service and therefore stable environment/service for everyone not just UAL.
The augmented reality for books group would make a great case study for process.arts and support its ongoing development as it starts to define its parameters its transition into a service for all.
Any collaborations with process.arts between now and the site becoming an official service are therefore agreed to have risks and limitations attached.
Here is an example of a group, similar to what we could set up for you - http://process.arts.ac.uk/category/project-groups/fashion-colloquia
If you would like to kick off an 'Augmented reality for books' group (or name of your choosing as an experimental pilot I would be more than happy to help implement this) I can set up a group and add a banner, if you could design and send over or attach a banner on PA that would be great - 820px by 300px.
Please have a try at adding a post, you can add images and text posts, upload video direct and embed third party videos if you wish. Once I've added your group you will see this in the project groups drop down menu.
All the best
Please could you set up a group for me, with the title "Transmedia". Here are details of our community:
- The purpose of this community is to bring together research and knowledge gained by the wider international team, in UK, China and India, through studies concerned with story adaptation and transmedia storytelling.
- This community is a collaboration between international institutions which provide Higher Education in communication and the media.
- This community aims to contribute to the aims of education by improving access to knowledge and resources.
How this community contributes to the achievement of the Information/Knowledge Societies
- Sharing and disseminating knowledge gained through our studies and collaborative projects.
- The community will improve intercultural dialogue and enhance multilingualism through its exploration and research activities.
- The impact of commercial ideology on the adaptation of a Text (Novel/ Play/ Game) to Screenplay/ Film
- Research into and making of augmented books. Adding virtual elements to the real world page by combining mobile phone/ new media technologies to the book. These books will be surveyed and tested in different cultural contexts.
- Developing media adaptation models and research tools to involve young audiences in media creation processes.
- Research into videogames as storytelling media,temporality, transliteracy, new media and e-learning.
- Researching cross-media audiences in China.
Follow us on:
- 3d studio (12)
- Animation (20)
- Architecture (28)
- Arts Studios (7)
- Audio (15)
- Ceramics (15)
- Conservation (2)
- Curation & Criticism (3)
- Dance (3)
- Design & illustration (83)
- Drawing (21)
- Enterprise and employability (21)
- Fashion (22)
- Film and video (88)
- Fine Art (45)
- Games Design (7)
- Graphic Design (16)
- Inductions (23)
- Interaction design (5)
- Interdisciplinary (8)
- Journalism (3)
- Lectures (10)
- Performance (3)
- Photography (20)
- Printmaking (14)
- Research & practice (231)
- Technical Effects (16)
- Textile design (9)
- Theatre Design (19)
- Web development (72)