The first Social Media Working Group meeting at UAL
The first Social Media Working Group meeting will take place at 272 High Holborn, in room HH202. The start time will now be 3.45 to work around room availability, so the meeting will run 3.45-5pm on 12 March.
The event is open to any member of staff working with social media at the University, so please do pass the invite on to anyone you think would be interested in attending and ask them to rsvp Anna Castleton Simmons ( email@example.com )
Please find attached the outline for the group and the draft Social Media Working Principles for discussion at the first meeting.
Social Media Working Group
- Generate better networking and awareness of UAL social media accounts
- Share best practice
- Collectively solve issues
- Develop social media in alignment with the University’s communication strateg
- Raise awareness of which social media accounts exist across the University
- Bring the account owners into contact and develop a community of practice as a network to share best practice
- Create a forum to enable account owners to discuss issues and work collaboratively to resolve them
- Develop positive, transparent relationships with students on a range of relevant issues where social media is the ‘go-to’ medium
- Develop positive, transparent relationships with external publics, using social media as a brand communication tool to generate discussion around the University’s key messages
- Social media policy
- Social media in internal communications
- International social media platforms
- Aims and goals
- Measurement and benchmarking
- Inspirational practitioners within social media
- Emerging platforms
The membership of the group will be open, dynamic and self-selecting, the initial invite will be sent to those account owners we are aware of with a request to share with others. Each session will be lead by one member of the group and any member of the group can put themselves forward to chair.