We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of people who use our Process Arts website at http://process.arts.ac.uk/ ("our website"). We are registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the DPA"). We comply with the data protection principles and process all personally identifiable information ("personal data") with due care and attention and in accordance with the DPA.
The information we collect
When you use our website, we may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- information that you choose to provide to us via our website (for example, information you provide about yourself when creating a profile or uploading material);
- records of any correspondence you may have with us (for example, if you send us an email); and
- details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
We may use "cookies" to help personalise your use of our website, even if you have not provided us with any personal data. For example, cookies may be used to recognise your computer by its IP address, operating system and browser type, so that the next time you come back to our website we know that you are a repeat visitor. It is normally possible to alter the settings of your computer so that cookies cannot be used in this way, but this may affect the way in which you can use our website.
How we may use this information
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- to ensure that material on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, materials and services that you request from us;
- to carry out any obligations we may have to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website;
- to communicate with you on any matter relating to our website; and
- for various administrative functions connected with our website.
We may also collect and analyse data from your personal data to help us to understand our users as a group so that we can provide a better service. We may share aggregated data with selected third parties, without disclosing individual names or personally identifying information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal data to any of our subsidiary companies.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or those of others.