Student Enterprise & Employability Service (SEE)
There are some exciting changes taking place in the Careers and Enterprise service. It is being reshaped into the Student Enterprise & Employability Service (SEE) and will be launched in November 2011.
Working closely with colleagues in the individual Colleges, the SEE team aims to equip students and graduates with the skills to develop their practice, products, knowledge and intellectual capital through tailored advice and support.
The new service will bring together the work of Creative Careers, the Enterprise Centre for the Creative Arts (ECCA), Artquest, Own-it and ArtsTemps, and will be coordinated to focus more closely on the specific needs of University of the Arts London students and emerging graduates. During this transition period, we aim to maintain a good level of support.
To get started, take a look at these websites for a wealth of information on the creative industries:
• ECCA – provides support to UAL students and graduates around setting up a business or working for yourself www.ecca-london.org
• Creative Careers – provides careers advice and information for UAL students and graduates www.arts.ac.uk/careers
• Artquest – Provides critical engagement and practical support to visual artists and craftspeople www.artquest.org.uk
• Own-it – Intellectual property advice for the creative sector www.own-it.org
• ArtsTemps – UAL’s in-house temping agency www.ualartstemps.co.uk
• Creative Living – online guidance for creative people www.careers-creative-living.co.uk
• Creative Choices – essential kit for your career www.creative-choices.co.uk
• Creative Opportunities – job vacancy and work placement website for UAL students and graduates www.arts.ac.uk/careers/creativeopportunities
• Prospects – the UK’s official graduate employment site www.prospects.ac.uk
• Business Link – a comprehensive resource centre on all self-employment matters www.businesslink.gov.uk
• HMRC – register your practice or business, or seek advice on tax-related matters www.hmrc.gov.uk
For more information go to see.arts.ac.uk